Passive Networking & Cabling
Cabling & Passive Networking Interview Q&A Vol 1.0
Passive Networking & Cabling Interview Questions & Answers Vol 1.0
Check the complete list of questions:
- What is Structured Cabling?
- What is the difference between CAT 5 and CAT 5e cable?
- What is the difference between patch cable and crossover cable?
- What is the maximum length of CAT5 – CAT5e cable?
- What factors will affect the performance of Cat5/5e cable?
- What is a patch cable?
- When is it better to use Fiber Optical cabling?
- Can we use CAT 5 cable outdoors?
- What is the difference between CAT 6 and CAT 5e cable?
- Can we use an RJ45 splitter to connect two computers to one source?
- What cable should I use to connect a PC to a DSL or Cable modem?
- What is the maximum operating temperature range for CAT5e cable?
- What is a crossover cable?
- Is Wireless Networking as fast as a CAT 5 solid cable connection?
- Is Coaxial Cable faster than CAT 5 Cable?
- How does temperature affect the signal quality of CAT 5 Cable?
- What is the difference between Multimode and Single Mode fiber?
- What are the differences between STP and UTP cable?
- What is the 5-4-3 rule?
- Which standards are used for Gigabit Ethernet?
- What do the standard IEEE802.3z define?
- Which standard defines Token Ring?
- What is the maximum distance limit of UTP cable?
- What is the maximum distance which SMF (single mode fiber) cable supports?
- What is the maximum distance which MMF (Multi mode fiber) cable supports?
- What is the maximum rate of collision in a healthy Ethernet LAN?
- Which connection method does Wireless 802.11b LAN use?
- What Is Modal Bandwidth, And How Does It Effect What Distances Gigabit Ethernet Can Travel Over Fiber?
- If You Have A 50 Micron Fiber Backbone, Can You Use 62.5 Fiber Jumpers On Each End?
- What are Fiber Optics?
- What are the different parts of Optical Fiber?
- What are the Advantages of Fiber Optics?
- What does it cost to use fiber vs. conventional cat 5 cablings for a LAN?
- What is Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC)?
- What is SONET?
- Explain two main components which form fiber optic communication system?
- Explain difference between SDH and SONET?
- What are the states that node in Ethernet using CSMA/CD access control?
- What is the purpose of cables being shielded and having twisted pairs?
- What advantages does fiber optics have over other media?
- What happens when you use cables longer than the prescribed length?
- What is the standard color sequence of a straight-through cable?
- You need to connect two computers for file sharing. Is it possible to do this without using a hub or router?
- What is difference between CAT6,CAT6A and CAT7
- What is difference between SFP and XFP?
- What is difference between Single mode SFP and Multimode SFP?
- Difference between RJ11 and RJ45?
- What is POE?
- What is Network TAP?
- What is difference between POE and UPOE?