CCIE R&S Interview Q&A Vol 1.0
CCIE R&S Interview Questions & Answers Vol 1.0
Check the complete list of questions:
- Which routing protocols are application layer protocols?
- Why BGP is an application layer protocol?
- Why RIP is an Application Layer protocol?
- Why OSPF is an Internet layer protocol?
- In an IP Packet, how many bits are there in the Version field?
- What is TTL in an IP Packet and how does it work?
- Name one of the well-known utilities which use TTL?
- What is Proxy ARP?
- What is GARP?
- Enlist some uses of Gratuitous ARP?
- See the figure below, how many hops are there when 18.104.22.168 need to talk to 22.214.171.124.
- How many bits are there in FLAG field of the TCP?
- Name the Eight Flags used in the TCP?
- What is a redirect?
- What mechanisms does TCP use to provide connection-oriented service?
- What is the Anycast address?
- What are the five ICMPv6 messages used by the Neighbor Discovery Protocol?
- What does IPv6 use in place of ARP and an ARP Cache?
- What is a recursive table lookup?
- What is a floating static route?
- Below is the figure. Kindly determine for which protocol is this packet format?
- What is convergence time?
- What is the purpose of route invalidation timers?
- How do areas benefit a link state network?
- How many updates must be missed in RIP before a route entry will be marked as unreachable?
- What will be configurations for the RTA and RTC to route to all subnets via RIP?
- What is the difference between the neighbor table and the topology table in EIGRP?
- What is a feasible distance in EIGRP?
- What is the difference between an active route and a passive route?
- What does stuck-in-active mean?
- What are the five OSPF packet types?
- What is the purpose of the Database Description Packet?
- What is an area in OSPF?
- What is the significance of area 0?
- What are the four OSPF router types?
- What are the five OSPF network types?
- What is a Partitioned area?
- What is the difference between a stub area and a totally stubby area?
- What is the difference between OSPF network entries and OSPF router entries?
- OSPF is not working between two routers. When debugging is turned on, the messages shown below are received every 10 seconds. What is the problem?
- Explain what problem is indicated by below mentioned debug messages
- The configurations for the routers shown below is,A:
router ospf 15
network 192.168.50.224 0.0.0.31 area 192.168.50.0
network 192.168.50.240 0.0.0.15 area 0.0.0.0
area 192.168.50.0 authentication message-digestB:
router ospf 51
network 192.168.50.0 0.0.0.255 area 0Routers A and B are not forming an adjacency. What is wrong?
- How does BGP use the AS_PATH attribute to detect the routing loops?
- What is the purpose of a full iBGP mesh, and why is it considered best practice?
- How does iBGP avoid routing loops?
- What is multihomed AS?
- How does address summarization help stabilize a network in BGP?
- What AS numbers are reserved for private use?
- What is NLRI?
- What is the difference between the Connect state and Active state in BGP?