NOC Engineer Interview Q&A Vol 1.0
NOC Engineer Interview Q&A Vol 1.0
Check the complete list of questions:
- Name the feature offered by a Cisco Firewall to shield the network against TCP Syn Flood Attacks.
- Name the feature on a firewall that can be used to block a website or a specific URL.
- Name a security solution that can be configured to assign User Based Authentication to the users on a LAN Network.
- There is a requirement to setup virtual private network (VPN) for remote users. Following are the key objectives –
- Users in roaming across other customer locations require this service
- The VPN gateway should require the use of Internet Protocol Security (IPSec).
- All remote users must use IPSec to connect to the VPN gateway.
Which IPSec mode should you use?
- Name the command used to determine connectivity between client and server.
- What do you understand by default time-frame of Ping Timeout on Windows system?
- How is the traceroute function different on Linux/Unix and on Windows?
- What do you understand by ‘nslookup’ function tool?
- What will you do in a situation where WAN Link of the Router goes down?
- Please explain what so you understand by the term BGP?
- How do you plan to resolve a BGP neighbour issue when “hold time expired” notification is displayed?
- As NOC analyst, how can one access a layer 2 switch right from a remote location?
- What is the implication of variable IP-OSPF-Transmit-Delay?
- Define what do you understand by TCP/IP?
- What do you understand by the term VLAN?
- Define the term ‘Proxy’.
- Suppose a host computer fails to reach over a local network with the host name but successfully reach it by an IP address, where do you think the problem persists?
- What do you understand by the term DNS?
- What do you understand by the term ‘Network Switch’?
- As NOC monitoring and analyst, how would you track the up time in Cisco router/switch?
- What do you understand by default gateway IP?
- What do you understand by the term ‘Trunking’?
- Which are the 3 key layers of fiber optic?
- What do you know about EIGRP Convergence Time?
- How can we verify the delay and routing of packets between the two locations?
- How can you determine which PC and what Port number is it connected to a network switch?
- Suppose the WAN link of a router goes down, and you are not receiving any notification or alert regarding the same. What could be the problem behind it?
- One of the ports in 8 port EtherChannel goes down. What will happen?
- How can you troubleshoot the problem of a high CPU utilization existing in a router?
- Is attaining CRC errors over MPLS WAN Links a routine thing?
- Define Route Poisoning.
- Please define the steps of a 3 Way Handshake.
- Define WHOIS command and its usage.
- What is the key utilization of Nbtstat command?
- What do you understand by the log message- “%OSPF-5-NBRSTATE: ospf-1  Process 1, Nbr 10.3.3.14 on Vlan44 from FULL to EXSTART, BADSEQNUM OSPF” ?
- What is required to be done, if my BGP neighbour is in active state or stuck in idle?
- In order to make decisions, which of the fields in a packet does a Network Layer Firewall refer to?
- Name the main field within an IP Header modified by NAT Firewall using NAT overload.
- What is the process of performing Password Recovery within a Switch?
- In which layer of the OSI model, a gateway functions?
- How many layers are present in the OSI reference model? Also mention the names.
- What is the difference between the terms ‘forward lookup’ and ‘reverse lookup’ within DNS?
- What do you understand by the term ‘cross cable’?
- What is the meaning of MTTR and MTBF?
- What do you understand by the term ‘backbone network’?
- Define a router and its basic roles?
- Mention the criteria meant for best path selection in a router?
- What do you understand by the term ‘anonymous FTP’?
- How would you differentiate ‘standard’ and ‘extended’ ACL (access control list) from one another?
- What do you understand by NIC?
There are no reviews yet.