LINUX Interview Q&A Vol 1.0
Categories: Operating System, eBooks
Linux Interview Questions & Answers Vol 1.0
Check the complete list of questions:
- What is LVM?
- Create a new file “merged.txt” that is a concatenation of “file1.txt” and “file2.txt”
- How to login as a different user in Linux?
- What Is BASH?
- What Is GRUB?
- What is a swap space?
- Describe the root account in Linux?
- What are the kinds of permissions under Linux?
- What is meant by PIPE in Linux?
- What is Zombie Process?
- What is the Crontab?
- How can we list all the process running on a machine?
- What are the different file ownerships in Linux?
- Explain the usage of ‘head’ and ‘tail’ commands.
- How can we introduce wait time in scripts?
- Explain the meaning of the permission mode “drwxr-x–x”?
- What are Regular Expressions (regex)? What is the meaning of *, +, ? in a regular expression?
- What are soft links?
- What are hard links in Linux? How it is different from the soft link?
- What is Samba? Why is it used?
- What is SSH? What is the difference between Telnet and SSH?
- What does curl command do in Linux?
- What is SeLinux?
- What is the difference between CTRL-C and CTRL-Z in the terminal?
- Explain /proc filesystem?
- Which is the core of the operating system?
- What is the purpose of <dmesg> command?
- What is the command to change the group ownership of a file?
- Which command is used to extract first a column from a text file name Test.txt?
- Which command displays the disk consumption of any directory?
- Which command creates an empty file if it does not exist?
- Display all the files and its subdirectories including the hidden files in directory /tmp?
- Which option of rm command is used to remove a directory including all its subdirectories?
- How to identify which shell you are using?
- If you want to login into a system with IP address 192.168.0.1 as a user “john”, then the command would be:
- What is iptables command in Linux? Write a command that appends a rule in the INPUT chain to accept all packets originating from 192.168.1.230.
- How to count the number of words, lines and characters in a file called test.txt?
- What is the output of the following shell script code?
- What will be the output of the following program assuming that command line arguments are cat dog giraffe?
- How to see the list of mounted devices on Linux?
- How would you open a file in read-only mode using the vim editor?
- How do you sort the entries in a text file in ascending order?
- How do you get help about the command “cp”?
- Which file contains the filesystems to be automatically mounted during boot?
- What does the following command do? “who | wc –l”
- How do you find which remote hosts are connecting to your host on a particular port, for example, port 56475?
- There is a file Test.txt which contains words Windows. How will you replace all Windows word with Linux?
- How can you list all the opened files of user sasa?
- How you can find all subdirectories of directory /var/ that have summarized size in Gigabytes?
- Write a script that checks if a file, given as an argument, has more than 10 lines or not. If it does – print “Over 10”, else print “Less than 10”?
- A company is running Web Server apache. Visitors are able to scan the directory tree. Which directive would you configure to stop webserver from listing the directory due to security measure?
There are no reviews yet.