SNMP Interview Q&A Vol 1.0
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) Interview Q&A Vol 1.0
Check the complete list of questions:
- What is SNMP?
- What Are The Components Of SNMP?
- What Is an MIB?
- What Is a Managed Device?
- What Is an SNMP Agent?
- What are different versions of SNMP and their difference?
- What is function of SNMP string?
- Enlist some of widely used SNMP based monitoring tools?
- In a new Head Office setup incorporating a firewall for security, an NMS running SNMP for network device management is not showing devices behind the firewall. NMS is pingable from the devices.
- Enlist the key benefits that of SNMPv3 compared to its predecessors?
- What are steps of configuring SNMP v3?
- What are the type of operations or messages in SNMP?
- Explain the format of SNMP message?
- What is difference between polling and event notification?
- What is community wrt SNMP?
- What is SNMP community string?
- Which command is used to enable all Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) notifications (traps or informs) available on your system?
- Which MIB/OID should be used in SNMP for interface counters?
- What is the alert message generated by SNMP agents called?
- Which layer does SNMP work on?
- A WAN Router is responding very slow and on logging the device via console, following message is received – %SNMP-3-CPUHOG: Processing [chars] of [chars].What could be the probable cause of device slowness?
- Which command is used in SNMP to set up the community access string?
- Enumerates some of benefits of SNMP?
- How does SNMP work?
- What is difference between GET and SET messages in SNMP?