Table of Contents
The Tech-Giant Apple has also been involved in Cloud Computing technology. The Products and Services provided by Apple are always mysterious to know. Are you wondering What is Apple iCloud?
If you are planning to move your business to Apple iCloud platform, and wondering whether your choice is correct? Want to know more about the Cloud Computing services of Apple?
If you answered Yes, to the above questions you are in the right place. This article covers the basic information you need to know about the Apple iCloud services and their prices.
Okay without further ado, let’s jump into the article.
What is Apple iCloud?
iCloud is a cloud storage and Computing service providing a product designed by the American-based multinational company Apple Inc. It enables users to store data that can vary from images, music, scripts, or objects to Sensitive App Data.
It also provides wireless backup for Apple devices such as Mac and ios. It is comparatively a new cloud service, first, the iCloud depended upon the Google Cloud Services, Amazon, and Microsoft Azure.
Now Apple has owned and operated 11 data centers around the globe, of which 6 are situated in the US, 2 in Denmark, and three in Asia. Now the Apple iCloud has more than 850 million users.
Services backed by Apple iCloud
It comes with 5 GB of free storage space and various other features. Here is the list of services included in the Apple iCloud –
- Contacts – If you are using any Apple products or if you have apple iCloud logged in your phone then it will auto-sync your contacts to the iCloud servers so they will not be lost.
- Calendar – All your calendar appointments and day’s schedules could be stored or backed in the Apple iCloud.
- Music – In case you enabled the Apple Music Library, then all your music files will be uploaded to your iCloud servers and will be available on all your devices.
- iCloud Drive – All the files stored in the iCloud Drive will be stored in the servers, and even if you lose your phone or device you will be able to retire to other devices.
- App Data – If enabled, Apple backup all your App data and restore them in your iPhone or iPad.
- iWork – This feature lets you work online with your team and save your work in the Apple iCloud servers. Later when you need it can be accessed from any Apple Devices.
- Find my device – This feature lets you know the locations of the other ios devices. All the location data is stored in the iCloud servers. You can also make the missed device sound or change its password or erase all its contents.
Apple iCloud Pricing
It is completely free to use Apple iCloud at the start. But if you want to use more than 5 GB of storage across all your devices then you need to upgrade your iCloud storage. Here are the different price ranges for the Apple iCloud plan upgrade.
- 10 GB or more for $20 per year
- 20 GB or more for $40 per year
- 50 GB or more for $100 per year
You can also unsubscribe from any plan or upgrade whenever you need.
Advantages of Apple iCloud
Here are some major advantages of using the Apple iCloud Services –
- Backup and Restore of Data in all devices (10) whenever needed.
- Speed – The transfer of data between the devices and iCloud servers is seamless and fast.
- It is easy to keep track of your files
- Security and Reliability – For the 5 years there is no case reporting the loss or theft of data from the Apple iCloud Servers.
Disadvantages of Apple iCloud
Though iCloud provides a better experience, it still has some drawbacks compared to other Cloud services. They are –
- Lack of customization – Comparing to other cloud platforms like Google Cloud and Dropbox iCloud lack customization
- Very similar to the competitors which makes it less attractive.
In short, iCloud is the best choice for small and mid-sized businesses that are in need of storage space. If you have any other questions or doubts about iCloud please leave them in the comment section below.