Multicast Interview Q & A Vol 1.0
Multicast Interview Questions & Answers Vol 1.0
Check the complete list of questions:
- What is Multicast?
- What is need to have multicast?
- Where are multicast addresses available?
- What are the protocols used in Multicast?
- What is IGMP? Which reserved IP address is used by Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) to discover and/or provide keep-alive services to multicast participants?
- What is the difference between IGMPv1, v2 and v3?
- What is the use of Multicast Distribution Tree?
- What is a Source Tree?
- What is a Shared Tree?
- What is PIM?
- What are 3 modes in which PIM can operate?
- What is Source-Specific Multicast?
- What is Bidirectional PIM (bidir-PIM)?
- Where the Rendezvous Point (RP) should be placed? Which mode of PIM is RP related to?
- What is Anycast RP?
- What is Reverse Path forwarding?
- Can IP Multicast be load-balanced?
- What is the standard Ethernet multicast MAC address prefix
- Which multicast protocol is specifically/only used by routers and switches?
- At which layer(s) of the OSI model do multicast protocols operate
- Which OSPF Link State Advertisement (LSA) type supports Multicast information?
- Which Multicast Address does OSPF, EIGRP and RIPv2 use?
- What is the difference between (*, G) and (S, G) entry?
- What is the difference between dense mode, sparse mode and sparse dense mode?
- What protocols do switches use to prevent the broadcasting of multicast traffic?
- What are the 2-3 key characteristics of multicast routing?
- What are the two prerequisites for enabling multicast-only fast reroute (MoFRR) in a network?
- Which multicast address is used for Cisco RP Announce and Cisco RP Discovery?
- What is MSDP and why it is required?
- What are IGMP and CGMP?